February 12, 2010

Meyhem Lauren Interview

Due to my extreme lack of time at the moment, I threw together this unimaginative post. The same site I mentioned for the J-Love interview, also conducted an interview with Meyhem Lauren.
I personally feel that Lauren was a much better interview subject, and I would definitely recommend checking this interview. Below are some excerpts, and this is the link to the whole thing.

How do you feel about the current style of rap that is beginning to take over the hip-hop scene today?

MEYHEM: On the real, I’m doing the only thing I know how to do, and that’s me. I don’t look down or condemn niggaz for making a certain type of song or music. It just kills me that niggaz are scared to be themselves. When I was coming up, I’d listen to all types of shit from Kool G Rap and M.O.P, to Tribe and Wu... They were all completely different, but they were all ill nah'mean? Nowadays it’s like everybody’s on the next man's dick. It’s disgusting! As for that bling bling shit, personally it’s not my choice of music to make or listen to, but if a niggaz livin’ like that then let them do them. I also understand that niggaz gotta make radio singles and all that shit. Cool, but when a nigga makes a whole album about the same shit, it gets annoying. It’s fucked up because the youth gets fed this bullshit. They begin to think that that’s the only thing they can rap about. I can’t even count the amount of times that I've seen a young nigga with scuffed kicks, dirty jackets, no shape up, etc... Yet they’ll kick 100 bars about rims and assorted color diamonds. Niggaz need to wake the fuck up for real.


How'd you hook up with J-Love?

MEYHEM: J-Love Nigga! That’s my man nah'mean? We from the same hood, and cool with the same people, so the merging of two of the illest minds to inhabit the planet was inevitable. The first time I met J was through Lo’. I was in tenth grade rockin’ a cream rings jacket and my man Al Greens "the living weapon" was like, "Yo Mey my man has that same jacket" and I was like, "NAAAAAAAAAAAAA he doesn’t have this jacket". He was like, "Yea J-Love" and I was like "The Dj Nigga?!" The rest is history. We did Lo’ deals for a minute before I even told him I rhymed. We were cool on some round the way/Lo shit first.


Again the link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ill Cuts © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness