April 22, 2010

illest Ice Cube Tape:AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

This month's poll question was deciding the illest tape of Ice Cube's discography. The overwhelming majority went with AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, and I can get with that. I first heard this album back in '02, and initially it was one of my least favorite Cube tapes. After developing what I hope to be a more refined ear, I've found that Most Wanted contains countless gems. Most importantly, compare the production and rhimes on AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted to those of other late '80's/early '90's albums, and you'll see that Cube truly sculpted a masterpiece.
If you want to look back at the results of this poll, you can find it here.

Below are a few of my favorite jawns off Most Wanted:

Rollin' Wit The Lench Mob


Once Upon A Time In The Projects


AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

1 comment:

  1. it's a bonafied classic that had me going nuts back in '90. But most of the credit is due to the Bomb Squad and maybe his DJ as well.

    ReplyDelete

 

Ill Cuts © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness