August 19, 2009

G*Two & The Congregation- Suns Out Guns Out

My duke G*Two had been telling me about the follow-up to his One Man Army mixtape months before he unleashed it upon the world.
In his own words:

Now, I say this modestly, it (One Man Army) gave me somewhat of a name amongst my peers. However, some didn't receive it so well, which I can completely understand. It lacked the 'coastal' sound. Lol. Anyway, some said I wasn't lyrical, some said I was monotone, boring, not believable; etc.
So with my next effort I'm going for a more holistic sound. Dumbing it down if you will. I know some will be upset but I've weighed the pros and cons and the pros are winning like the damn cavaliers.
So anyway, I'm going all the way on this one. Best of both worlds. Lyrical content, and listener friendly songs. I'm also teaming up with a production duo (Congregation Productions) to entirely produce the project. It's called: Sun's Out, Guns Out.

After giving Suns Out, Guns Out a fair listen, I can agree with his previous assessment of going for a coastal sound. Not so much dumbing down the lyrics, as much as adhering to a wider range of listeners. There's a few jawns that I don't necessarily like, but the rest of the tape is dope. Well worth a listen.
Choice Cuts:

Sunrise


Summer Callin'


All The Way (feat. Ice The Villain & Young Doc)


DL links:
http://usershare.net/3up7lrk8r0fj
http://www.zshare.net/download/64274819516bab71/

1 comment:

  1. This is an incredible project. Great ridin' music with vivid visuals. I think this helps separate G*Two from the rest... he's well on his way in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

 

Ill Cuts © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness