August 19, 2009

Real Live- The Gimmicks

I just recently heard about K-Def, and after hearing his Beats From The 90's tapes, I've been on a non-stop quest to hear more. Such an adventure prompted me to discover The Turnaround: A Long Awaited Drama by K-Def and Larry-O.
One of the realest gems of the 90's one can ever uncover. I've been vibin' to The Gimmicks lately, the Biggie sample and the C'mon Wit Da Git Down drum pattern, and everything. My favorite part is when K-Def lets the beat go for the last minute.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z4mmngd3mmy
http://sharebee.com/410389a0

3 comments:

  1. The turnaround is definitely a well slept on album from the 90's! well worth anyone listening

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm kind of jealous that you get to 'discover' good 90's music today while the rest of us have to search for unheard gems. Damn, I used to listen to this and Illadelph Halflife on my tiny office radio while working at Merrill Lynch back in '96.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chalk that one up to uncontrollable circumstances.
    I would have much rather lived the culture in real life than through a computer.

    ReplyDelete

 

Ill Cuts © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness