July 16, 2009

Dan The Automator feat. Kool Keith- I Want Da Mic

I remember a few years back as I was getting into hip hop, I first listened to Dan The Automator based on an suggestion from Last.fm. Needless to say, Dan is an acquired taste, I couldn't feel dude on my first listen and discarded him as a talentless producer.
But, unaware that the Automator produced the majority of Deltron 3030, I looked up the production credits and was forced to eat my words. That led to me discovering A Much Better Tomorrow, which has become a favorite for that gully, off-kilter mindstate.
The tracklisting says that this track features Kool Keith (which should be a given once he starts spittin') and DJ Q-Bert. I know that Dan and Q-Bert have collabo'd together in the past and have a somewhat similar sound, so I'm assuming that Q-Bert produced this joint, or provided the assist... or has a vocal somewhere that I didn't recognize.









http://www.mediafire.com/?mud0imfzg1y
http://sharebee.com/92467e43

2 comments:

  1. is it so hard to believe Q-Bert just delivered the cuts, Keith delivered the rhymes and Automator produced it?
    Great producer, check out the soundtrack to NBA 2K7 I believe, he produced all of that, it was dope.
    Dr Octogon & Deltron 3030 will likely be what everyone will remember him by because those were two AMAZING albums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the Dan The Automator 2K Sports soundtrack, not sure if that's what you're talking about.
    I'd be willing to argue that A Much Better Tomorrow is approximately equal to Dr Octagonecologyst (or however it's spilled), although they're both great in different ways.

    ReplyDelete

 

Ill Cuts © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness